This is how I’m preparing for Coronavirus…
DISCLAIMER: The links are provided for information only. These are not affiliate links, and I do not receive any kind of compensation for sharing this info. I’m not a doctor, and I’m not advising you to do as I do. Just sharing my personal experience.
As a sports fanatic, I recognize the wisdom in the saying “The best offense is a good defense”.
And, in the case of immune building, I focus on building not only a good, but a great defense!
So, that basically means I’m treating this threat of coronavirus as I do the threat of any virus. I’m doing things to help strengthen my immune system.
These things are really not a whole lot different than the things I use all year long to stay healthy. But, thought this may be a good time to share them with you.
Get Plenty of Rest
As a business owner, this is not always an easy one. But, it is extremely important. So, I’m determined to get a good 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Here’s a few tips I use to assure a good night’s sleep:
- Don’t work on business for at least an hour before bed. This includes not reading unsettling news media, too.
- Spray my bedroom (including pillows) with a lavender infusion. I use lavender oil mixed with alcohol in a spray bottle. But, a room diffuser works great as well.
- Spend 3-4 minutes doing deep breathing. I use oils with this, but that is not necessary. My favorite form is alternate nasal breathing.
- Take 1-2 mg of melatonin. Not only does melatonin help me sleep, but it has been proven to help reduce incidence of many types of cancer. (1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5503661/
Take plenty of Vitamin C
I personally take 1-5 grams of Vit C on a daily basis. That is 1,000 mg – 5,000 mg, since your body cannot absorb much more than that without a “flushing”.
My preferred form of Vit C is liposomal Vit C. Liposomal Vit C is absorbed at the cellular level, and does not cause intestinal distress, which can happen with high doses of regular Vit C.
We used high dose liposomal Vit C (25 g/day) when my husband (Steve) came down with neuroinvasive West Nile in 2015. His recovery was extremely fast – less than 1 week. And, Steve has not experienced lasting effects from West Nile that so many people do after having it affect their central nervous system like it did with him.
I also used homemade Liposomal Vit C to cure our puppy from Parvo in 2006. She became sick over Memorial Day weekend. At first, we just thought it was something she ate, but after 2 days, we realized it was something more severe. By the 3rd morning, we thought we were going to lose her.
At that point, I remembered the Vit C that I had in my ‘fridge, and started giving it to every hour. I used a syringe and administered it orally since she was not eating or drinking. By that evening she was starting to respond, and finally ate a piece of cantaloupe! That was four years ago, and thankfully, our little Gretchen is still with us.
Besides its support of your immune system, Vit C is also great at helping keep your skin bright with a youthful glow.
Use Colloidal Silver
Silver has long been known to be anti-virulent on contact. I use this to clean surfaces, as a safe hand sanitizer, and I take it internally for maintenance.
Silver exhibits activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms, fungi, protozoa and even viruses. (2) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5702207/#CR15
For colloidal silver, the smaller the particle the better.
I use Sovereign Silver, or make my own using a machine I purchased online. https://thesilveredge.com/micro-particle-colloidal-silver-generator/ .
Detox, detox, detox!
I also work to keep my detox channels open. Some of my favorite foods and supplements for detoxing are:
- Cilantro: The leaves of the cilantro plant have potent anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antifungal, antimicrobial and significant chelating properties. They bind to heavy metals that are removed from the body through your excretory system. When you combine it with a high fiber food like avocado (as in guacamole!), you get the benefits of the fiber helping to push the toxins through your intestinal tract.
- You can also throw some cilantro in a juicer, for a potent detox “shot”.
- Cilantro is also a significant source of selenium, which is probably the reason it is so helpful in detoxing.
- Activated Charcoal: Three to 4 times a year, I’ll use activated charcoal to help detox. I use 1/4 tsp in a glass of water, taken one time a day for 5 days. I’ll repeat this for 3 weeks. If using this, be sure to take it at least an hour after your other supplements. If you take it too close to the time you take supplements, it will pull those out, too!
- NAC, i.e., N-acetyl Cysteine: – a sulfur-bearing amino acid which binds and removes mercury and other metals found from the body; it also breaks down toxic substances in your liver; and it acts as an antioxidant, replenishing glutathione levels in your lungs and reducing inflammation in your bronchial tubes and lung tissue. I take 600 mg twice a day, and double up anytime I’m going to be riding on an airplane
One thing I refuse to do is to live in fear of COVID-19.
Because fear leads to stress.
When we’re stressed, our bodies produce the stress hormone cortisol. And, cortisol suppresses the effectiveness of the immune system by reducing its ability to fight off antigens.
So, watch/read/listen to just enough to stay informed, but don’t make a steady diet of the news.
Remember, too much junk will make you sick, whether the junk is in the form of food or in the form of fear-filled news.
Live long and prosper,
What about you? What are some things you do to make your immune system great?