German Chocolate Protein Coffee Cake
(with MariGold Rich Chocolate Malt Whey Isolate!)
Have your cake and protein too!
Get ready to delight your tastebuds with a decadent recipe that is low in carbs and keto-friendly. It’s sweet, rich, and has a luscious chocolate flavor, without being overpowering.
And yes, it also contains a premium quality protein boost using our MariGold Rich Chocolate Malt Whey Isolate Protein Powder. As an added bonus, it has our Protein Coffee in it too!
What’s great about this recipe is that it’s so versatile! You can enjoy the cake alone, top it with chocolate chips, perhaps add some creamy cheesecake fluff, or add fruit and a dollop of keto whipped cream. It can also be made into cupcakes for even more options!
This recipe was created by Keto/Low Carb Ronda (@buttermybrisket) – a certified ketogenic coach who has an Instagram page dedicated to healthy eating keto-style. Be sure to check out her Instagram for more tasty recipes and healthy tips and ideas.
- ½ cup (sifted) coconut flour
- ¾ cup low carb sweetener of choice: coconut sugar for paleo, or lakanto for low carb option. (I like to mix half coconut sugar and fill the remaining with lakanto)
- ½ cup (softened) grass-fed butter
- ½ cup (chilled) brewed organic coffee or decaf coffee (if you can’t have coffee, use ½ cup water instead)
- 1 scoop MariGold Protein Coffee (your choice of flavor)
- 2 scoops MariGold Rich Chocolate Malt Whey Protein
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp organic gluten-free vanilla extract. (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 to 400 F (depending on oven) and grease or oil 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5in (use either a glass cake pan or a cupcake pan).
- Place all the wet ingredients in one bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip until combined.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except the coconut flour) in a separate bowl and mix using a whisk until thoroughly combined. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Once all ingredients are incorporated add the coconut flour slowly, bit-by-bit. TIP: If the mixture seems too runny you can add a bit more flour in slowly, a tablespoon at a time. If it’s too dense/thick adjust with water/milk or coffee.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min. Do not overcook. It’s done when you poke a toothpick through and it’s dry.
- Add low-carb chocolate chips to the top for decoration or go even further by adding some cheesecake “fluff” in the middle!
MariGold ingredients used in this recipe:
MariGold Whey Isolate is derived from sweet Irish milk given from Truly Grass-Fed™ cows who spend 95% of their time roaming freely and feasting upon the delicious green grasses of the breathtaking Irish countryside.
MariGold Rich Chocolate Malt Whey Protein Isolate has everything you want in a protein drink, and none of the things you don’t!
Our Protein Coffees are a delicious and healthy way to start your day. We combine our best selling premium quality MariGold Truly Grass-Fed Whey Isolate Protein Powder with organic, fair trade coffee.
PROTEIN COFFEE FLAVORS:
They both have the same great flavor as our Iced Vanilla Latte and Iced Café Mocha coffees, but with the added bone strengthening and hair & skin rejuvenating benefits of our MariGold Collagen Peptides!
Our coffees are Made in USA, non-GMO, gluten free, soy free, keto-friendly, and ethically sourced.
Energize your day the right way!