Low in carbs and high in protein, this dish brings healthy and flavorful to a new level.
Parchment-Baked Halibut with Pesto, Zucchini and Carrots Recipe
Makes: 4 Servings
- 4 (12 x18-inch) sheets parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets
- 1 cup of shredded Zucchini
- ¼ cup commercial pesto
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- 1–2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Unfold parchment paper and coat lightly with cooking spray, leaving a 2-inch border ungreased at edge.
- Place fillet on one side so it touches the fold but not the ungreased border.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. pesto over fillet top with ¼ cup each carrots and zucchini. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp. salt and pepper. Drizzle fillet with 1 tsp. each oil and wine.
- Fold paper; seal edges with narrow folds. Repeat with remaining parchment paper, fish and vegetables.
- Place packets on baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.
- To serve, open packets and transfer the fillets with their vegetable topping to plates; pour juices over top. Or serve right in packets; carefully transfer to plates and pierce each to allow steam to escape.
Nutrients per serving: 303 calories, 14 g fat, 5 g carbs, 37 g protein
Written by OxygenMag for Oxygen Magazine and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to [email protected]
Featured image provided by Oxygen Magazine
A Low Carb, High in Protein Dessert too!
Our bars are a great choice for a dessert in the evening when you’re craving those after-dinner sweets. You can even have 1/2 a bar if you’re just looking for a little something! Perhaps you’re longing for a chocolate chip cookie or a slice of lemon pie… try our Cookie Dough or Lemon Pie bars.